Studies suggest that when a company takes an active measure to improve employees health, it builds employee goodwill because they know their company cares about their well-being. Employee health screenings offer a low-cost, high-effective way to enlist employees in improving their health. These types of screenings should be done at least once a year. A biometric health screening consists of a baseline assessment of your employees’ health status regarding blood pressure, blood glucose, and cholesterol levels.
So why should an employer consider offering onsite health screenings? Check out these ten benefits:
- Establish a baseline of the organization health status through aggregate reports
- Identify the type of programs and interventions that has the highest impact.
- Detect the condition even when the person is asymptomatic.
- Identity the chronic diseases at an early stage
- Identify the urgent need for medical care required, if any.
- Showcase your organization’s commitment to its employee’s welfare
- Save time and increase productivity as your employees don’t need to deal with health issues.
- Help your employees more educated and engaged in their health.
- Build employee loyalty and increase employee retention
- Save on health insurance costs by deigning programs to delay or avoid developing chronic conditions.
While employee health check-up screenings are not designed to replace a clinical exam and blood studies carried out by a health professional, they help create the urgent need to visit a health professional if there is an abnormality observed in screenings. By investing the time and money to arrange health check-ups for employees, organizations set an example by playing an active role in keeping employees healthy and productive.